Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Jam Filled Butter Cookies

Happy February! This is my first baking post of the year! Yay! It's been so long since I posted one since I haven't been trying out new recipes. I realized how much I missed it!

I'm starting off the year with these yummy cookies: Jam filled butter cookies! These are one of my favorite cookies. They remind me of the store varieties I grew up eating: Knotts berry Farms Shortbread Cookies and Pepperidge Farm Verona Cookies.

I used apricot jam, which is my favorite!

Here's a recipe I found on allrecipes.com that I tweaked a bit. It's very easy with little ingredients!

Jam Filled Butter Cookies (makes about 3 dozen cookies)

Ingredients:
  • 3/4 C of softened room temperature butter
  • 1/2 C. sugar
  • 2 egg yolks at room temperature
  • 1 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
  • 1 3/4 C flour
  • 1/4 tsp of salt
  • 1/2 C. jam
Method:
  1. Preheat oven to 375 F.
  2. In a bowl, cream sugar and butter until nice and smooth. Stir in the egg yolks and vanilla extract.
  3. In another bowl whisk together flour, and salt
  4. Add the dry ingredients a little bit at a time into the wet ingredients until it forms into a dough
  5. Roll the dough into 1 inch balls and place them 2 inches apart onto a parchment lined cookie sheet.
  6. Press your finger  into the center of the cookies to make a well and fill with 1/2 tsp of jam.
  7. Bake for 8- 12 minutes or until the bottom of the cookies are slightly golden brown.
  8. Let them cool on a cooling rack and enjoy!
Make sure to use room temperature eggs and butter! This is very important because the first time I made these, I used cold eggs which turned my creamed butter into a curdled mess.



I took these to work and school, and everyone enjoyed them! I hope you guys will try this recipe! Enjoy and happy baking!


4 comments:

  1. They look yummy!:) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes they do look yummy - o well just the thing while the cold winter months are still here, thanks
    Hugs
    Debs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look yummy. I loved those type of cookies when I was a kid but haven't had them in forever. Maybe I should make some for Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete